segunda-feira, 4 de fevereiro de 2008

Ski!

Well, being in Norway is not only about people, vikings and fjords! There is also a very important aspecta bout this culture that must be taken into consideration: skiing!

Eventhough I've been many many times in countries more fond of skiing than Portugal - namely Switzerland - Norwegian people are, by far, the ones who love and do practice ski and all wintersports and outdoor activities.

There are very few norwegians that can't ski. Everyone knows at least one way of Skiing: cross country, down-hill, ski-jump, alpine, snowborading - it's not quite skiing, but it is almost!

Well, and since I am so into learning about nordic traditions and culture, I asked a friend to teach me to cross-country! I must say that it is a fantastic sport, since a person moves all and each muscle and it's so healthy to practice such a hard sport in colder temperatures! Now, after training a while, I managed to ski in a nice-beginner way. Not the pro, yet...but soon...

My start was hilarious, because I couldn't stay standing more than 30 seconds. To learn and get the right position is quite hard, in deed! But nothing that with a little of strong will, a good teacher and lots of practice don't do! I hope by next month, I'll be able to do 54kms in a single breath!

Hadet bra!
Me, on my best!
Landscape
Landscape II

2 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

Hahah, it does look like fun! Cross country skiing must be waaay nicer than cross country running I suppose! Show us some more pics when you turn pro. ;-] - SkiingN00b.

Anónimo disse...

:o that looks so frickin' awesome!
Enjoy it, there's no snow back home ;)