domingo, 10 de fevereiro de 2008

Blindness

Years ago, my favorite author wrote a book about blindness. A country where all men, women and children got blind. It wasn't a dark blindness, but white one! And I was one of those.

This week, I went with two friends for a skiing trip. we went out for three hours, in the snow. We went up some foggy, snowy hills. After reaching the top, we followed on, behind the mountain. Suddenly, the fog became "thicker" and it wasn't possible to see far! There was a part of the way, where there weren't any trees near the ski tracks. My friends were far away in front of me, because - due to my greatest skiing skills - fell on the floor three times. I was alone and all I could see was white. everything was pure white. I felt I was inside a strange dream or a futuristic movie scenario. The feeling was like being inside a white darkroom. where you don't know where ground starts and if there is a wall there or something you can fall on.

sight wasn't my only sense that was all confused. I also couldn't hear anything. Everything was so still... no wind blowing, no birds singing, nothing!
I felt I was in a desert, a desert where your senses are deactivated. I could get lost in such an environment for days...

Creepy, but still very interesting to experience...

Hadet bra!
Øyvind and me

Although the pictures are too dark, you can have an idea how foggy it was...

PS.- I am sorry, I didn't take pictures when it was really foggy, because I wasn't carrying my camera(a friend was, I was afraid to break it, when I fell).

1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

Deve ter sido alta cena!
Nesse momento eu colocaria uma música de fundo:


your dream world is a very scary place
your dream world is a very scary place
to be trapped in

dream world is a very scary place
your dream world is a very scary place
your dream world is a very scary place
to be trapped inside
trapped inside
trapped inside
all your life

shine in time
shine in time
shine in time
until you find

you're closer
you're closer
to the truth

within you
within you
within you
is the truth

that your dream world is such a lonely lonely place
your dream world is a lonely lonely place
your dream world is a lonely lonely place
to be trapped inside
trapped inside
trapped inside
all your life

you're closer
you're closer
you're closer
to the truth

within you
within you
within you
is the truth


xD
Acho que seria adequado! Mas gostei de ler esta tua descrição :)
Não sei se sabes as últimas... mas eu actualizo o menino! OPETH e SOILWORK também foram confirmados para o lagoa e este vai ter dois palcos.. Ou seja, acaba uma e está logo outra em cima do outro palco xD Já andamos com excursões cá para cima! Vai tudo rumo ao Algarve! Convence aí o pessoal do norte a vir cá viver alto festival xD

****'s (ahhh e tá alto sol aqui, não tens noção! )

Dana